Director of People Ops
Virtuous is hiring a Director of People Ops to lead recruiting, hiring and culture building. Virtuous is fast growing, highly collaborative software company helping nonprofits raise more money and do more good. If hired, you will help build the team and steward culture at one of Phoenix’s fastest growing tech startups.
Our Director of People Ops will be responsible for managing Virtuous’ people & experience strategy. This includes org development, candidate sourcing, interviewing, as well as employee growth, performance, relationships, and overall company culture. The Director of People Ops attracts, develops, and retains exceptional team members who are committed to creating good and inspiring lasting change on our business and the customers we serve.
What You Will Own and Improve
- People Strategy & Organizational Planning: Set a clear, compelling vision for how to attract, develop, and retain exceptional talent. Create and implement strategies that enhance our ability to develop and retain a highly motivated, results driven, diverse and effective workforce. Collaborate with leadership to develop quarterly hiring plans.
- Performance, Growth, & Compensation:
- Help employees understand their growth path at Virtuous. Develop and grow existing team members within the organization.
- Develop and run compensation, performance, and feedback structure.
- Recommend and implement compensation strategies to ensure that the organization stays competitive in the market and provides fair and equitable compensation for all team members.
- Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental budget and headcount.
- Sourcing, Hiring, & Recruitment: Fill necessary roles with top talent, and facilitate a best-in-class hiring and interview process. Source and implement Virtuous’ first applicant tracking system.
- Culture: Solicit feedback from employees and invest in making Virtuous the best place to work. Serve as a champion for company culture and core values across the organization. Help ensure our culture thrives during growth.
- Leadership Coaching: Partner with people managers to level up their skills and increase performance and feedback rating from their teams. Consult and support business leaders on change management, organization development, effectiveness and employee engagement and culture.
- Employee Experience: Identify gaps and inefficiencies, and drive innovative solutions to enhance the employee experience.
- Data: Spearhead People Operations analytics. Assess areas of opportunity, determine approach, compile and analyze data and prepare reports/recommendations to define people operations strategies related to business strategy.
What You’ve Already Done or You Already Know
- You have 7+ years of talent acquisition experience at a high growth company (preferably SaaS) with a verifiable record of successful employee recruitment from entry level to executive talent.
- You have strong business acumen with a desire to understand the “why” behind every hire to ensure we are attracting, hiring, and retaining the right talent to grow the business.
- You have polished recruiting, presenting, and public speaking ability for interviews, webinars, and general culture evangelizing
- You are eager to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt amidst business changes, rolling up your sleeves as an individual contributor
- You have experience building various programs from the ground up with an orientation toward high-level company goals and long-term success
- You are progressive and innovative attitude toward people programing and HR guidelines
How success is measured (some combination of the following):
- Quality of Hire (productivity of our team + effectiveness of talent acquisition)
- Time to Fill / Time to Hire (speed of execution and ability to plan ahead)
- Employee Retention
- eNPS (happiness of our team)
- Revenue/FTE (efficiency of our team)
Attributes of a Great Virtuous Team Member
You get things done
At Virtuous, we’re doers. We don’t invest time on over-planning or creating decks. We just do. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you’re not afraid to ask.
You’re generous and a great communicator
You listen first and with intent to understand. You’re humble, operate with poise, dignity and reliability. You can articulate your vision clearly both verbally and in writing. You’re transparent and keep everyone in the know so the job gets done efficiently and effectively. You seek to find common ground and collective vision amongst various stakeholders.
You’re agile and a problem solver
You know how to articulate and roll out plans, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You use every opportunity to learn, especially when things fail. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
You live by to-dos and timelines. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects and threads at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items. You’re known for moving things forward.
You have a team ethos
You thrive in a creative, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other teams and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you.
Virtuous is a fast-growing, product-lead team with a passion for serving the world’s most amazing charities. We foster a fun, collaborative team environment. We like to say that “we take our work seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously”. Our mission is to power responsive nonprofits that are delivering delightful donor experiences — leading to greater generosity.