Content Marketing Manager
Virtuous is looking for a motivated, and purposeful marketing professional with experience in content strategy, inbound marketing, and product messaging to join our growing Marketing team.
You’ll develop and own our content strategy and production with a focus on growing brand authority and awareness, traffic, and subscribers. Responsibilities include content ideation, production and distribution, as well as reporting, analyzing, and optimizing performance. Additionally, this role will collaborate and consult across departments to drive growth through improved customer experience.
Content marketing is a critical strategy for the company as we continue to pioneer the category of responsive fundraising. You’ll report to and partner with the Chief Marketing Officer on three (3) primary focus areas: content development, content distribution, customer and market research.
You’ll Be Responsible For:
Content Development — 40%
- Develop a content strategy that establishes thought leadership, drives brand awareness and traffic, and helps nurture and convert new customers.
- Craft high-value, well-researched content to drive traffic, grow brand trust/authority, and engage ideal customer prospects. Content to include white papers, blog posts, website copy, interviews, ebooks, webinars, videos, presentations, research reports, and other content as needed
- Produce customer stories, testimonials, and product-driven narratives in collaboration with Product Marketing Manager that showcase our key value propositions
- Review and refresh published content and website copy as needed in partnership with Demand Gen and Product Marketing teams.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to develop product and role-based messaging
- Work with Product Marketing and Sales to develop engagement strategies and materials as needed to support the sales cycle
- Coordinate with partners, thought leaders, and other third parties to produce high-quality joint content programs
- Copy, edit and review content for messaging, style guidelines, brand consistency, and voice; provide education and guidance to ensure high quality writing for all Virtuous content
Content Promotion & Measurement — 40%
- Collaborate with other marketing teams to develop and execute campaigns to drive engagement with key content and engage ideal customer contacts
- Manage digital promotion of content and drive growth in subscribers for content product offerings, such as the podcast, newsletter, annual summit, and educational series
- Consult the Demand Gen team to ensure our content strategy and promotion is aligned with and supporting new customer pipeline targets
- Direct Virtuous’ social media strategy and manage branded social media presence across platforms to grow followers and engagement, particularly among ICP staff and expert leaders
- Craft website copy and maintain content relevancy, as well as optimize for SEO / UX to drive traffic, engage visitors, and convert visitors to prospects
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting on all content marketing activities
- Measure and present key insights of content marketing activities to the broader marketing team to inform future marketing investments and initiatives
Customer / Market Research — 20%
- Keep abreast on current market trends in philanthropy and fundraising to inform content alignment and relevancy
- Conduct customer interviews and small group discussions to identify key themes, messaging opportunities, and content gaps
- Participate in weekly customer and prospect call review meetings to document key insights that inform content production and promotion
- Surface relevant customer insights and/or market signals that contribute to further refinement and continuous improvement in messaging and go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate with the Community and Marketing Teams to establish the right campaigns, offerings, or promotions that help achieve results
Things You’ll Need:
- 4+ years of content marketing or direct copywriting experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to develop, organize, and maintain process documentation
- Ability to create, update, and maintain training documents
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
- Experience/consistent performance in deadline-oriented environment due to tight time restraints and volume of work
- Ability to manage multiple projects and juggle priorities
- Clear, effective communicator—verbally and in writing—with the ability to be persuasive
- Results-oriented; proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others under time pressure.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time to address multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of traffic, leads and sales
- Strong knowledge of content marketing strategy and channels
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline
You’ll Be Successful If:
You get things done
At Virtuous, we’re doers. We don’t invest time on over-planning or creating decks. We just do. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you’re not afraid to ask.
You’re generous and a great communicator
You listen first and with intent to understand. You’re humble, operate with poise, dignity and reliability. You can articulate your vision clearly both verbally and in writing. You’re transparent and keep everyone in the know so the job gets done efficiently and effectively. You seek to find common ground and collective vision amongst various stakeholders.
You’re agile and a problem solver
You know how to articulate and roll out plans, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You use every opportunity to learn, especially when things fail. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
You live by to-dos and timelines. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects and threads at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items. You’re known for moving things forward.
You have a team ethos
You thrive in a creative, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other teams and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you.
The Marketing Team is a growing group of nonprofit transplants, purposeful marketing pros, and community builders. We’re working side-by-side to create customer-centric campaigns, product-driven narratives and a powerful brand that inspires a focus on scaling customer growth and building brand trust through. Our mission is to power responsive nonprofits that are delivering delightful donor experiences — leading to greater generosity.